Sunday, July 15, 2007

You don't bring me flowers

Our balcony, today. In the background you can see the building that was incomplete on the live.com map (last week's blog post).


Flowers I like:

Freesia
Pearl lake
Clematis
Wisteria
Snowdrops
Allium
Venustra
Echinops
Roses (almost all)
Ranunculus
Bleeding Heart
Achillea
Bluebells
Passionflower
Cyclamen
Fuchsia
Rhodendron
Azalea
Poppy
Hosta
Mermaid
Honeysuckle


Flowers I hate:

Begonia
Geraniums (not the nice rambling ones, the horrible pom-pom sort)
Petunia
Nasturtium
Pansies
Hypericum


Flowers that frighten me a bit:

Foxglove
Hollyhock
Lupin
Hotrods
Hemerocallis
Gladioli
Dahlia
Snapdragon

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, if you do (for any reason) find yourself having a psychological fitness evaluation and they ask you to list the flowers you hate, be careful because it's a trick question. What you have to say is: "'Hate' seems rather a strong word. I suppose there are a few that I'm quite indifferent to." That way they're more likely to let you go home once the test is over.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

I really do hate and fear them though! Especially hollyhocks. It's like... you can grow taller than me, what else can you do?

7:14 AM  
Blogger Ashton said...

I also fear foxgloves. I think I was told as a child they were poisonous. Which probably means you shouldn't eat them, but I assumed you couldn't even brush up against them.

I like daisies best. And sunflowers. None of the fancy flower floozies.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Yes, I had the fear of god put into me about foxgloves from an early age too. But as I delight in telling everyone, foxglove extract is used to treat heart disease. So I guess they can't be all bad.

What I somehow missed off this list, and probably the most frightening plant of all time, is the giant hogweed. Break the stem and you'll have a rash for 8 years!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home