Email
"What's with this Twitter business?
I like it. Particularly "Everyone gets self-conscious sometimes. Especially if you stare at them for long enough" and "At the gym, I love falling into step with the person on the adjacent treadmill. It's like being on a road to nowhere with a perfect stranger"
I too enjoy it when someone less fit (athletically, not in the biblical sense) rows next to me at the gym during my 8 minute slog. Sometimes we try and settle into an even rhythm which promotes general boat-race style goodwill and a friendly buzz between two huffing strangers. I can then ruin this by 'pulling away' suddenly at a faster rate. Haha! The fools! They think it is all about getting fit and staying healthy. They forget it is a competition." [Jake]
Rhodri: I wonder if John McCarthy can bear to have central heating installed.3:56 PM me: put that on twitter!
Rhodri: hahaha
i just did
hahaha
3:59 PM me: god
trying not to laugh out loud
Rhodri: At what? :)
4:00 PM me: radiator/mccarthy
Rhodri: oh, haha
me: you just wanted to hear it again
4:01 PM Rhodri: Yes, I have a constant need for reassurance
me: Twitter actually alienates me
Rhodri: how so?
me: because there's no direct way to respond to others' posts
or be responded to
4:02 PM Rhodri: I think that's a bonus
me: i find the @rhodri: technique fragmentary and unsatisfying
Rhodri: it stops you getting dragged into timewasting debate and oneupmanship
this way it's pure
if I don't get 50 comments on a blog entry, I sulk
I suddenly feel FREEEEE
4:03 PM me: ah
yes, ok
i'm a hypocrite tho
4:04 PM i don't like the idea of having to read texts about the tedius and worrying lives of people I barely know every ten minutes
but i love the idea of broadcasting my own jokes to the world, via their mobile phones, like some kind of Dr Who supervillain
Rhodri: ha
4:05 PM my mobile phone notifications don't work, thankfully
So I read at my leisure
me: you can make that my quote btw, if you prefer it
4:06 PM god it's stressful being in the public eye
talking to journalists
Rhodri: This is all on the record, Leila, be careful.
me: in that case
did i tell you i've got a book coming out?
4:07 PM Rhodri: I understand it's priced at a very reasonable £9.99
*********** Preview All The Rage cover up on the site - next issue, April 1st! ***********
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home