Friday, November 10, 2006

Remember Remember

Don't forget! Maus Of Elliott now has a subscribe list.

Email

TEA NEWS: Have finally cracked open the loose-leaf green and mint tea
that I got in my Fortnam and Mason hamper last christmas. It's very
tasty. My tea-drinking is becoming more discerning. [Alistair]


Sometimes I get sick to the back teeth of working in the third sector. This morning I agreed to speak at a conference in Nottingham on 28th. No speaker fees, obviously, even though it is being run by a private firm. Their best offer to me? Travel expenses and "If you need to come up the night before and need somewhere to stay, we are all in the Travelodge nearby, which I would be happy to book you in on our account if it helps?"

Thanks. Think I'll just pop up for the day if it is all the same to you. [Jake]

[NOTE: red=me; blue=tom sharp]
i just had an idea. What about if I made a website for (and by)
journalists which just listed headlines for different categories of
story. It's difficult to google puns. You could just look up the kind
of story you're doing and there would be a readymade headline. So for a
DIY feature, something like "We need to talk about shelving" might be
good. For accidents involving public transport, "Death and taxis" etc.


That is a brilliant idea! Don't get the Shelving one though...

there's a popular book called "we need to talk about kevin" be lionel shriver

Oh. Never heard of it. How about 'Take Care of Your Shelf' You don't have to be an egghead boffin who's read all the books in the world to understand that one.

you're right, i was being wilfully obscure


msn

Maus: hands off my lucy
Rich: she was my lucy first
Maus: oh really? Prove it.
Rich: she was one of my 50 dates. that beats you
Maus::(
Maus: things will never be the same between me and her now
Rich: she is ace
Maus: yes she is
Rich: her blog is almost as good as mine
Maus: i haven't read yours for a while i must admit
Rich: well i hope you two will be very happy
Rich: and i can watch


Tom: Peer doubts race hate law resolve. least readable headline ever


sms
"Phantasmagoria!"

"Today I'm working with Peter who was Darth Maul. He's amazing"

"I did a radio read-thru today with Adrian Edmundson, he was so nice and funny"

"Now we know!"

"I'll bring my rucksack, or "sucksccl" as my predictive text quite happily suggests calling it"

"Hey, guess where we are? Of course at the Lion King..."

"Still at the comic fair. We had a big comic-based row and Ben stormed off"

"Why does my phone's predictive text have 'sarcasm' but 'sarcastic'?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Alistair Johnston said...

Who was working with Peter? He does a brilliant Terry Wogan impression.

On TV, like. I've never met him.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My stuntman friend from uni is with the same agency as the darth maul guy.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The actual body of darth maul, not just the voice.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Sorry Jah Jah, have to respect contributers' confidentiality (I'll tell you by email)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home