Friday, January 12, 2007

i'm back

Top Tens

1) Top Two Old Men In Films and TV Who Have A Cat, And The Cat Dies

1. Westmoreland in Prison Break
2. Don Konkey in Dirt

2) Top Ten Horror Films Where An Alsatian Dies

1. Funny Games
2. Beauty in The Hills Have Eyes
3. Dog Soldiers
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. American Psycho
6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
7. Amityville Horror
8. Slither
9. The Fly II
10. Signs


I love horror films. I think because they are structured entirely of convention (cliche) and thus work according to predictable patterns that are satisfying to me.


2) Top Ten Text Messages

1. Dude I am on the 1900 out of London Liverpool Street. So long as we encounter no temporal rifts it arrives at ten to 8 [Ben]
2. Idea for a show: Rammstein's Kitchen Nightmares [Martin]
3. Why not try looking through a different person's window each day of advent? [Alistair]
4. Of course Jason Donovan is in Wagamama![Martin]
5. No heating on this train. Can't believe how cold it is. if I was a frail old lady I'd be dead by now [Tom]
6. Spotted at Leeds station: girl reading 'Lucky man' [Alistair]
7. Merry Christmas! God bless us, every one. Love tiny, crippled Lucy x
8. I've just bought a Jean Varon vintage dress... the designer of Emma Peel's 1965 Avengers costume! [Jane]
9. Thank you for my delicious presents! How did you know we needed a stylish peg bag? [Jane]
10. I'm filming my characters in London next Wed with Stewart Lee for paramount. Would you like to come and be in the audience wearing your most pre-war outfit? [Jo]


You know about Maus Of Elliott (good celeb specials coming up in the next two months by the way), but did you know about Why Not Try? It was in NTK this week, which surely means we've arrived. So that's NTK as in Need To Know, not the Norsk Terrier Klub.

11 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

Regular readers might be interested in knowing that, while researching the alsations top ten, I discovered that quite a lot of things are about the size of an alsation

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ashton said...

Well don't keep these gems of german shepherd trivia to yourself, lady. That list is fantastic.

I asked my friend Daniel what the best film with a dog in it is. He replied, 'Turner and Hooch'.

He is wrong. That is the best dog in a film. The best film with a dog in it is The Wizard of Oz.

Carry on.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

"He is wrong. That is the best dog in a film."

I think even as a response to the question he thought he was answering, he is wrong. It's my own controversial opinion that Turner and Hooch is no K9.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Ashton said...

That's as may be.

But I think the performance given by the dog itself is superior in Turner and Hooch. Beasley (yeah that's right I looked up the dogs actual names, judge me) is, I believe better than Jerry Lee the dog in K-9.

I'm sorry. That's just how I see it.

But can we get together on K911 winning the award for best title of a sequel with a dog in it that now has a sort of sinister air to it.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

I like Jerry Lee better, but I think I just have a thing for little pianists.

K911 would be great. Talking of animal things that might turnsinister

8:40 PM  
Blogger Alistair Johnston said...

"maus", lucy, you're both wrong. The best dog in a film, and film which includes a dog, is one and the same: (that dog from off of) ET.

The schoolboy response to the best film with a dog would be Dambusters.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THREE FILMS THAT HAVE THE WORD "DOG" IN THE TITLE THAT DO NOT CONTAIN DOGS IN ANY CAPACITY:

1: Reservoir Dogs
2: Dog Day Afternoon
3: Dogma

1:12 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Thanks for teh input

5:47 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Fact fans may be interested in a related digression: another film with a surprising grisly dog death angle is Superman Returns, where it is implied that one fluffy pooch eats its twin.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, no one tells me anything.

Didn't know there was a new NTK and didn't know Why Not Try was still a going concern.

I'm pleased about both, though.

I'd say on average I come up with an average of five Why Not Try's a week which I laugh about to myself and then forget because I didn't realise there was still an outlet for them.

Now that I know that there is I'm quite sure the supply will dry up, but if they don't, expect contributions aplenty. Aplenty, I say!

Stefan

1:37 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Excellent news Stef, looking forward to seeing them.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home