Saturday, April 08, 2006

killing time

I can barely seem to manage to squeeze one of these out a month nowadays. Anyway, away again next week so you might treat this as the May edit. People seem to like my traditional style blogs, so, in true bloggy dull self-indulgence, for my records and your annoyance, here's is a list of what I have done in the past 24 hours...



- hoovered all rooms

- washed bathroom and kitchen floor

- cleaned kitchen and bathroom

- two lots of washing

- changed bedding

- went to Aldi

- went for a 30 minute run

- had 2 baths

- went into town and back twice

- made a big batch of brownies

- watched 5 episodes of Sex and the City (Tom is away)

- finished ironing

- finished reading "Hey Nostradamus!" (It was, of course, disappointing, as I've decided that all newish novels are to me. Still much better than Will Self's "Great Apes" which I wasted last week on. At least Coupland can write)

- Returned books to library and swapped them for Billy Liar and Brighton Rock. It seems I need to go back a few decades to find people who know how to write a book. You know where you are with Graham Greene.



On the way into town I listened to the Stiff Records compilation, "Breakaway! And other hits from the vaults of Stiff!" I went to the cafe in the library only to find they were playing the Tiffany version of "I think we're alone now." As I'm sure you are aware, Lene Lovich did an insane cover of this song for none other than Stiff Records. I have decided to take this as a sign. Of what, I'm not sure, but I'm sure I'll think of something.


I think I'm going to reply to some emails tonight and maybe indulge in some more Monica-style domestic mania. Can't imagine how I filled my days when I was single. I guess I had a very clean flat and wrote lots of self-referential blog posts about killing time.


If anyone feels like an online chatz0rz, tonight might be a good time.


My this post makes me sound interesting! Sure am glad I wrote it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

I think mine could be summed up the same way, Laura...

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home