Wednesday, April 13, 2005

OTWednesday IX

Raichu gallery

1 2 3 4 5


iBlog...


I went to Alistair's Graduation a few years ago and Dad took us to Starbucks afterwards. I put Alistair's gown on, because he couldn't wait to get it off and because I wanted a bit of what it felt like to be a Cambridge Graduate. I even, secretly, became a tiny bit emotional as I realised I would never experience that.

On Monday of this week I had a letter from the University of Cambridge offering me a place on an MPhil, "Qualification aim: Phd". I kept my application a secret because I didn't think I stood a chance of getting in.

So things are even more busy than usual cos I've got a massive research project to do (for someone else) by Saturday, I have to get my application for funding in by yesterday or something, too, and, like, I've got to actually go to work. The research I'm doing this week was supposed to be an assessment of Caligula's self-deification, but has turned into an exploration of Nietzsche's abolition of agency. I turned down a restaurant review this week, and I'm way behind on correspondence, hence the 'blogging. Enjoy the Raichu gallery, I did.

Updates

Tom bought me a present





Email

Me: What on earth is that computer you're using now? And why? No one tells me anything

Will: If I told you I'm afraid I would have to kill you.

Me: At this point I would like to remind you that I have control over the biscuit distribution.

Will: You're right, I am weak.

Me: You humans!

Will: Fill in the letters... G _ _ K

Me: They're not letters, they're numbers. It's two number threes.


SMS

Well done for getting the Dr Who gig by the way (Matt L)

Best thing is, you can say you went because it's local ;) (Stefan)

Congratulations. You're living round there anyway aren't you? (James D)

Yes, I applied here because it's local (Me)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (Tim W)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Tel said...

Just came across your blog, well done.

You may check out my worthless attempt at being funny on mine, esp my pear story.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the big brain on maus! way to go.

seeya,
josh

12:28 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

Well done, and good luck. I certainly think Cambridge is the funnier university, possibly as a reaction against all the maths and marshes.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's brilliant, well done! :)

I hope to wear *your* gown in a couple of years!

Alistair

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.

Peter

3:18 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Ah Shucks. Stop stop! (I love it, obviously, so don't really)


Tim: thanks. You're on my people-to-email list btw.

Tel: thanks

Laura: thamank you. And yes I am doing some kind of Critical Theory. It is going to be the best course in the world ever. Come back to Cam to do your Masters! If I'm still here doing the Phd we can be Critical Theory buddies! Like a secret club. You in? I'll make badges and membership cards.

Josh: I had to get Tom to explain this ref to me. Thank you :)

James: Thank you, I hope it will bring me many laughs.

Alistair: Wish on, brother. I'm buying a gown on the first day of my course and *never taking it off*.

Peter: I love you too! Not in that way.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

That's the one, yes.

I like how you say "Phil Martin who used to be in Neighbours". I like to think it's the name of the actor and he was playing himself.

Jessie Spencer plays a doctor in the American Hugh Laurie medical drama, "House". We download it every week, and I insist on calling the character, and actor, Billy Kennedy and making comments that suggest I imagine this is the latest step in the Neighbours character's career.

Me: For a dyslexic carpenter's apprentice, our Billy's done well, hasn't he?

Tom (wearily) ...yes Leila

I think it is hilarious.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She really does.

12:23 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

Tom bought you an attractive brunette woman? Best. Mate. Ever. All I got for my birthday was a stupid clapperboard.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Derridan blog software. Optional anterior between the named and un-named. I like it.

I processed a birth certificate at work the other day with a box labelled " NAME (if any): "

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats as well as love, like.

Hope to catch you on MSN soon for anecdotes and singing.

Peter

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home