Tuesday, March 01, 2005

OTWednesday III

Msnz

Peter: i went outside and saw a load of protractors on motorbikes
Peter: they were the hells angles
Peter: then i went to the doctor and said i was scared of lapels
Peter: he said i had cholera


iBlog I earned that pea.

Sorry for the brevity and relative seriousness of this OTWednesday update, I've been a bit busy.

On Friday Tom drove us up to York and back and we both moved out of our old places and into the new one all in one day. So now I'm living in Cambridge, no more "Yor:Quotes"- sorry. Plenty more "Things my boyfriend and I argue about" though...now I'm actually living with Tom I can engineer more conflicts for your amusement, at the likely detriment and ultimate collapse of our relationship. Funnies come first, right? I have at least three paying jobs at the moment, one of which involves going to an office 5 days a week, so expect a slight drop in the quantity of msn transcripts, at least on Wednesdays.

I love our flat. Of all the rooms my favourite is the bathroom. But I also like the kitchen. And the bedroom. I am dazed and confused but not so much so that I don't know I'm happy. I have a good feeling about this. In fact, I just have a good feeling.

Everything is falling into place. Don't think I'm being smug or self-satisfied here, or prematurely anything- I just really want to say that I'm happy that things are good, and I'm proud of myself because getting here has involved so much working and thinking and change, and it is a crazy draining thing. We both work hard for the stuff we enjoy but life seems to get easier the more practice you have at it. I quite like working hard when it operates as a kind of tribute to a motive that's bigger than me, and when it stops me taking anything for granted. When I think about my life and realise how lucky I am it makes my eyes burn. It is fun and it is safe and it's warm when it's snowing and it's peaceful at night. It's liberatingly domestic and grown-up and that's not even the point any more. Whatever it is, it's about fucking time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really great! :)

And don't you dare apologise for saying it!

Alistair x

9:32 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

That 'cholera' thing took me ages to get. But when I did, I shouted 'Ha!' very loudly, which is something my late grandad used to do, and I was glad to hear it again, even if it was only me doing it.

I love that 'ooh, just barely on top of stuff at the moment' feeling. Treat yourself to summat, you desoive it.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Thanks Alistair. But you know how these personal interjections make me feel like I am exploiting my position as blog producer, that barely visible, entirely objective, omnipresent media editor role.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home