Tuesday, January 04, 2005

0tw33x0rz HnY34R 2ooS

Thanks to everyone who visited this site and any of my sites, in 2004 and always.

I'm taking this week off my usual msn-harvesting duties cos I've got hella work on. However, as I have recently resumed contact with one of the best friends I've ever had, some clips of our email conversations will appear below. We were friends for two years, from about age 9 to 11.

Email

Chris: During the last year I have walked up Wolsey Close many times and looked up to your old house on Ronkswood Hill. I remember you hanging out of the window with a mirror to reflect the sun so I could see you! The things we got up to in that house still make me laugh! Like when your Nan was staying and you switched the shower off, convincing her to bash the wall to turn it back on! Hehe!

Me: I can't get to sleep because I keep getting flashbacks about the things we did in Worcester (drawing mouths on our heads and hanging upside down on the sofa, pulling legs off daddy long legs, being sick on the way to dudley bowling, exploring the neighbourhood at night while Alistair and Melanie went to lifeguards then sneaking back in before the parents came to pick us up, speaking with cheeks puffed up, saying "ding ding" at county hall because our bikes didn't have bells, etc etc)

Chris: .. tying ourselves to your cabin bed with your dressing-gown robes then replying to your mum "We're a little tied up at the moment!", fishy tails, the flasher, me spraying perfume in my eyes (that hurt so much!), Mrs Bell (in knee high boots) aka The Eagle, our pom pom game at the fete, the poem I had to read in the concert (you watched and made me laugh every time i had to say 'blown with the wind' (or something similar), pop songs:

I wanted to love you,
But then you said no,
Oh why did you leave me?
I needed you so.

Time flies like an arrow,
But Cupids to blame,
Your mind is so narrow,
??????


... with actions (squeezing our faces for 'your mind is so narrow'), drawing smiley faces in all the o's on the blackboard before the teacher came back in, telling me the answers in our tests on my keyboard pencil case. Do you still play the piano? (Or chew red paper and throw it at the walls by the piano?)

Me: ...putting boxes on our heads to try to escape the swarm of midges in my garden (although we did
keep on running through it); sneaking into the hall at breaktime to play "traffic lights"; recording all the sketches we could from a comedy sketch book onto tape- "travelling clock salesman" etc; acting and narrating the stories from the
Mythology book in my dining room; pulling up grass delightedly for hours after school one night and being really late home...tresspassing on the fields near Dove Close. And almost getting trampled by a shrieking woman on a rearing horse

3 Comments:

Blogger Alistair Johnston said...

I like the gentleness of townmaus today. Brings back great memories for me too!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

which ones do you remember? the flasher, presumably...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

incidentally, dear reader, alistair is NOT the eponymous "flasher"

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home