Wednesday, February 16, 2005

OTWednesday

Msnz

Rich: what was ben saying
Maus: he said he thinks your blog is funny but
Rich: but?
Maus: he doesn't like it that if he misses a week he doesn't know what's going on
Rich: there can be no but
Maus: you're encouraging obsessive loyalty
Rich: who is to blame for that?
Rich: he shouldn't miss a week
Rich: it is as simple as that
Maus: well, we thought it would be good if, say
Maus: when you say "the yoghurt incident" or something, you link to it
Rich: that's what i am doing now
Maus: oh ok good
Rich: i linked to the cats
Rich: today
Maus: yes i saw that
Rich: that's why i am linking more
Maus: it's a start
Maus: well done
Rich: thank you
Rich: i am best
Rich: than ben
Rich: and you
Rich: combined
Rich: it was my idea to do html, not yours as well
Maus: yes
Rich: i am also better looking than you and ben combined
Rich: but that is ben's fault for briniging down the average
Maus: haha
Rich: if you had a baby i would be better looking than it too. Probably
Rich: but there is a chance that it would have your beauty and ben's brains
Rich: or better your beauty and your brains
Maus: haha
Maus: you can get rid of the underline on your links btw
Rich: how so
Rich: not that i mind it
Maus: but you are an expert at underline related html so you already knew that
Rich: i like the underline, i choose to use it. I ma just interested to see if you know how to get rid of it
Maus: well
Maus: i think you do something like < A STYLE="text-decoration:none" HREF="link.html" >thing about cats< /a >
Maus: but i'll have to check
Rich: Well i could of course tell you if you are right
Rich: but i will let you learn for yourself
Rich: it's good that you have taken interest in html after my mentioning it to you
Maus: yes, next i might have a website of my own
Maus: who knows
Rich: you could put up private msn messenger chats on it
Rich: for anyone to read
Rich: that would be good
Rich: if you do that, remember it was my idea
Rich: like the html thing
Rich: which i invented
Maus: yes
Maus: does the h stand for herring
Rich: herring's textual metamorphising language
Maus: i don't expect any credit of course
Maus: so you can stop thanking me on Warming Up all the time
Maus: to be honest i find it slightly embarrassing
Rich: Ok, sorry. will do
Rich: I forgot what a private person you are


ben: i wrote over 1000 words yesterday!
ben: take that hardworkmaus!
Maus: hahaha
ben: yes
ben: on coelacanth
Maus: what was it, a shopping list
ben: um
Maus: ah
ben: i did write one of those actually
ben: milk, fish fingers, juice
ben: mayonnaise, toothpaste
ben: no - you're distracting me!


Peter: i called a girl three names in one night once
Peter: i was just drunk
Maus: hahahhahaa you win
Peter: one of them was steve
Peter: not really
Maus: hehehah
Peter: i made that up
Peter: "steve"
Peter: "mother"
Peter: and "fat ben"
Maus: hahahaha
Peter: thing is she didn't even notice
Peter: i somehow got away with it
Peter: every time i said the wrong name i spluttered and pretended it was all a massive
Peter: cough
Maus: hahaha


anon: My landlady left a dildo in my bathroom
Maus: Christ. How do you know it was her?
anon: She kept going on about inspecting the flat when I was out.
anon: ON HER OWN
anon: It wasn't there before, but then i found it today. I'm sure she's been round
anon: it has an ann summers price tag on it £22
Maus: Is it a "rampant rabbit"?
anon: No it is a 12 inch purple cock
Maus: How do I know I can believe you?
anon: Wait, I'll take a photo of it
anon: I have to prove this to you
anon: There- can you see that
Maus: hahahahahhahaha
Maus: ok I believe you now
anon: I need to put a note on it and leave it out for her
anon: i need a funny note
anon: "So this is why you wanted to do the inspection on your own"?
Maus: "I found part of your purple robot"
Maus: "is this what you mean by 'a spot of DIY' ?"
Maus: "is this what you mean by 'a spot of damp in the bathroom' "
anon: going to the toilet, but carry on...
Maus: "Is this on the inventory?"


Imaginary Urls


Me: www.dumpedbyfax.com

www.hewasnttherewhenwetookthephoto.net

Tom Sharp: www.icantstopgigglingatkittens.org.uk

www.doyourememberthatwebsiteabouttheeighties.com

www.ratemywhiteboard.co.uk

www.whatsthatsmell.net


Emails


Tim: I've invented a really cool way of remembering which
cards have been dealt from a pack of playing cards -
it involves counting in binary and converting to hex
so most people may not find it that easy. I'm going
to put the details of it on my website when I get
round to it. I'm not even sure if it's any use in any
card game. It reduces what you need to remember to
just 13 numbers or letters. To remember which
Kings/Queens/Jacks had been dealt you would just need
to remember 3 numbers.


Me: i just had a horrible dream we were on a broken train which exploded
and i ran for safety without waiting for you then i couldn't find you
anywhere :(
I'm really upset now!!
sorry
Alistair: That's ok! I forgive you! Though I am burnt to a crisp... :(


Camquot

Tom: I suppose Andi McDowell has aged quite well.
Me: Yes
Tom: Unfortunately she still looks like the horse she resembled 15 years ago.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just been reading your blog. Very funny, except.. what's with your friend Sandy and his oh-so-funny nigger jokes?

12:49 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

there's only one, i think. It's ironic, don't worry- what's funny about the jetsons thing is the sheer audacity of the punchline. Like Chris Morris using the word "cunt" or something. I thought it would be pretty obvious I wouldnt be encouraging or broadcasting racism...I still probably shouldnt have put it online though, for Sandy's sake and yeah I do regret it a bit now.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, two actually.

What would you call The Jetsons if they were black? Niggers.
What would Britney Spears be called if she was black. A nigger.

Not to get too preachy about it but I actually feel more comfortable dealing with people who are openly racist than with "ironic" usage of hateful terms. Still, live and let live and all that. Best wishes.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very hard to explain why these things are funny to anyone who doesn't immediately find them so. Apologies for any offence caused.

-L

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola,

the first msn conversation with rich made me laugh out loud [or "lol" if you're that way inclined]. i don't laugh easily and generally think comedy is rubbish. i like laughing at people falling over in the street but when someone is *trying* to make me laugh i come over all contrary and don't want to give them the satisfaction of *knowing* they've made me laugh. but that's irrelevant. it was a funny conversation. well done the both of you x

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that was ME, laura k

i have a new blog @ http://www.livejournal.com/users/_mega_normal but you'll have to get a LJ account and friend me if you want to read it. not that you can be arsed to go to all that effort...

xx

5:35 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Hey thanks Laura, glad you enjoyed our chatz. I do know what you mean about comedy, which is why I prefer having surprising conversations with amusing friends to paying some professional to make me laugh.

Having said that, when I talk to Rich I do usually expect him to be funny. After all it is his only job.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home