Saturday, January 22, 2005

Oscar Tango Whisky 220105

Msnything at all

Maus Congeniality: internets are useless for ideas about "the office" just a million monkeys with a million typewriters
Maus Congeniality: saying the same thing
Ben: i like the fact noone has bothered to give the monkeys word processors
Ben: they are still working with typewriters
Maus Congeniality: they are old skool
Maus Congeniality: they would probably stuggle with mail-mergers anyway


Maus: your latest warming up is excellent
Rich: thank you
Maus: i didn't take the "deodarant" remark personally
Rich: I was mainly thinking of you
Maus: i knew
Rich: not really
Rich: are you still living in York?
Maus: yep
Rich: I am going to be on there soon-ish
Maus: i got you that gig!
Rich: I know
Maus: can you get me a free tick?!
Rich: yes
Rich: do you have a sofa I can sleep on in return?
Rich: for the ticket and for sleeping on my sofa
Maus: it's only a two seater
Rich: what are you implying

and

Maus: Which features distinguish contemporary comedy characters like David Brent from past ones like basil Fawlty?
Rich: He does a funny dance instead of a funny walk


Maus: Which features distinguish contemporary comedy characters like David Brent from past ones like basil Fawlty?
Ben: I think the beards

Peter: i was going to have sex with a fish today
Peter: but i didn't as i've decided to become halibut
Peter: (it's tim vines if you don't like it)
Maus: and yours if i do?
Peter: hehe

and

Peter: i really begrudge the other one for writing the jerry springer play because it might encourage him to think he has done something worthwile
Peter: i do get really annoyed about it
Peter: the jerry springer play
Peter: not only has that brought him fame bu talso considerate amounts of money
Peter: like he could have been just an above average student comedian, done reasonably well with his life and still been satisfied
Peter: but no
Peter: he's only gone and made a fucking load of money
Peter: which means he thinks he actually funny
Peter: i can empirically prove he's not
Maus: Have you seen the Springer play?
Peter: no i have never seen it, i refuse to support him
Maus: lee is probably funnier than herring
Peter: this is the thing
Maus: and fitter, which may, in all honesty, be clouding my judgement
Peter: i've heard lee is actually quite a good stand up, which annoys me even more
Peter: leila that man is so not fit
Peter: so not fit in any way
Maus: i think he is
Peter: he has a massive head and looks so smug
Maus: not so much now but...
Peter: oh leila
Peter: so wrong
Maus: massive head haha
Peter: it's massive
Peter: if he had a normal shaped head he'd be alright


Email

Tom Sharp: I was born in Sutton Coldfield and grew up near Cannock. You're just jealous because I could stand on the top of high hills and see land for as far as I looked. We think someone else cut her tail off. She was found in a garden in Sunderland.

Me: ah, but from the highest point on the Isle of Man you can see the "6 Kingdoms". Who's jealous now huh. Found in a garden? Isn't it quite normal to "find" domestic animals in other peoples' gardens? Sorry about her tail though. Real Manx cats have dreadful natures but make good ship's cats.

Tom Sharp: My cat would be rubbish on a ship but from behind looks like she's wearing musketeers trousers. The six kingdoms sound like they should be in Narnia. I am very jealous.


Christina: Your mum always stuck up for me when your Dad asked me difficult questions - like 'how do you spell potato?'. (on the rope swing by the conifers?). Your Mum told him to stop being such a bully! (Tell your Dad I have to ask Alan how to spell it still!! And he spells it with an 'e' too!!!)

Sandy: I'd gathered you were away yesterday morning when I hadn't heard any moving around noise at all for a full day. I thought you might have died in your room or something so I peeped in, and there you were, gone! I expected
to find an old skeleton or something, maybe typing the words "help meeeee" on a dusty old ibook.You cleverly tricked me into thinking you were still here by washing a few of the glasses, but leaving one, almost empty on the table see, so I thought "well, if she'd finished with this one as well, then it'd be in the kitchen with the rest", but then once I'd thought this for 24 hours and the level in the glass hadn't gone down (except through evaporation), I began to grow suspicious!


Yor:Quotes

Me: You don't like Blade Runner do you?
Tom: Yes I do. I think it's one of the best films ever made. Do you like it?
Me: ...yeeessss
Tom: Hahaha. Oh Leila, we can never be together.


Searches

"peter h*****" (Google)
URL.YORK EVENING PRESS.COM (Yahoo)
townmaus (Google)
diary of a teenage nudist (Google)
my child smokes wanks (Yahoo)
"maus congeniality" (Google)
famaus (Google)
augustin burroughs (Google)
diary of a teenage nudist (Google)
augustin burroughs (Google)

12 Comments:

Blogger voyou said...

I'm no expert in this kind of thing, but I could see Stewart Lee being quite fit. I've always thought big heads were attractive on women too, so maybe that's what's doing it for me.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Thanks Tim...I don't really know what Pete's talking about, his head look in proportion to me.

http://www.comedycv.co.uk/stewartlee/2002-december-stewart-lee.jpg

Alright, he does look a bit chinese, but he's still fiii-iiit.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's wrong with looking a bit chinese, eh ,leila atkinson?

peter

12:29 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

haha yeah i realised the potential racism of my remark all too late. Erm, what I'm saying is, (backpeddling furiously) nothing wrong with looking a bit chinese, if you are chinese, or even if you're not, just that the strange mixture of chinese eyes with western features sometimes creates something that doesn't correspond to a caucasion ideal of classical good looks.

4:55 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

*very gentle push, just... nudging you back from the brink...*

There you go.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Heh cheers James! I met a scriptwriter on Smack the Pony in Edinburgh last year you know. I wonder if you know him.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he doesn't actally have a big head he looks like he should have a big head ( Lee)

Peter

9:55 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

*resisting "I'd give him a..." joke*

12:05 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

There were about a million kerjillion scriptwriters on Smack the Pony, so prob'ly not to be honest. We're all terribly nice though, and most personable. And gorgeous, frankly.

Sorry, I've had a cup of coffee.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Well, as the stewart lee debate demonstrates, gorgeousness is subjective... but I think he had quite unruly hair and called himself "Yeti". Another case of nominative determinism?

8:50 PM  
Blogger James Henry said...

Don't know any yetis, more's the pity. I always worked from home though, so I only got to meet the other writers at end-of-shooting parties, where of course I didn't know anyone, so I sat in a corner and then went home early.

I'm much more showbiz these days. At my last party I spilled pink champagne on Jack Davenport, who was very nice about it. I got about three blog postings out of that one, but it always bears repeating.

Of course I should have spilled port on him (or jacked up in his davenport?) in the cause of nominative determinism, but that called for more planning than I was prepared to undertake.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

...slightly more mediocre than Richard Coyle! Well done. I'm starting to see why you like reading this blog.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home