Thursday, June 30, 2005

iBlog

Sorry I couldn't be bothered to make that lightning film work. It wasn't great, but it was better than the pictures, and had us jumping around shouting "fuck" in the dark. So if you like that sort of thing, let me know and I'll email it at you. If it seems like I'm over-reacting a bit about the storms, hear this: our house got struck by lightning today. It was very scary, let me tell you! The walls flashed blue! The adsl stopped working! But every storm cloud has a silver lining... as Sandy says, "At least you can climb the chimney again now, 'cos it never strikes twice in the same place".

Meanwhile, some sideways scampers through mediocrity:

My notorious Bag of Bones photo is getting love on "C list blogebrity" Hamish-site Verbose Coma which was subsequently loved by Gawker (29th June).

I'm also on the back page of Richard Herring's new programme, for his show "Someone Likes Yoghurts". I'm on the short thanks list immediately after Stewart Lee and Al Murray and before his tour manager and girlfriend. He doesn't say what I'm being thanked for, so maybe try imagining something exciting and unlikely, but not rude.

Pop fact: The name of Leigh Caldwell (who reads this blog) appears on the inside back page of the same programme as a donator of £100. I know Leigh through the internet and he once left a message on my phone. He either has a Scottish accent or he does a good one. Leigh was excited about me and Chris Lightfoot appearing in the same photo at puntcon...well get this, we played with the same cat this week. That's right, be still your beating heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home