Thursday, September 15, 2005

free new stuff!

sms

" According to the G-Unit, all the girls in Pret are wearing t-shirts advertising their new, fresher coffee. The slogan written across their backs? 'Just Roasted' "


Email

Mike: "Have you began uni at cambridge yet? how is it going? arent you nervous? and
.... have you read the Da vinci code????"

Jane: "I am not with a big, scored, underlined "n" ever going to teach children
again. Just the distance from it means that even seeing a child (between 10
- 17) makes my heart race
(got-to-get-out-of-this-4.00pm-bus-I-cannot-stand-this-ah-ah-ah-ah)" and "today's
nightmare with a Hospitality recruitment agency - "Five pounds an hour and
you have buy a waistcoat, bowtie, men's school shirt and know what a salver
is". Yeh, bog off. There's no way you're getting me in a man's school
shirt AND she suggested getting it from Primark! Under wear yes,
scab-quality nylon shirting, pah.)"


Two new games this week:



I've met Michaela Strachan

1) My friend from school, Sally King, met Michaela when she was filming in the woods near my house. Sally was taking part in some orienteering programme, and was filmed saying "My name's Sally and I like swimming and... teasing my sister.

2) And Tom, "Michaela was presenting some TV programme about brownsea island (probably the
wildlife on it?) and needed to rope some kids in for it; for some reason
they picked kids from my school, including my brother (will), and i went
along for the trip and to watch the filming (although i wasn't actually
in the programme). i can't remember what it was called! i can't remember
why it happened! definitely brownsea island, though. i think."



Comparisons for Nerds

It's affectionate! You know, just comparisons people have made with surprisingly geeky things. Kicking off with Dave Green, who, when I thanked him for doing the layout on an article for me, declared:

"I feel like a Prince returning to my Lost Kingdom of DTP"

Also, Chris, who wrote this excellent piece on his blog: "

Employment is much like playing an MMORPG: it’s not for its own rewards, but the eventual result, that you pace the treadmill for hours every day. In the case of an online game, this means slightly increased stats allowing the player to battle slightly more powerful enemies, producing a zero net change in difficulty. In the case of employment, this comes at the end of the month in the form of a financial deposit that can be redeemed for doner kebabs."

Old games are ongoing but depend on your contributions!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog and design. i am after free stuff and stopped by at yours one. maybe not exactly what i need but interesting though.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maus, did you think worldwide work at home would be related to your life?

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maus
I was searching for liquidators and saw free new stuff!. I am always looking for good deals and when I do I make sure others know about it. This site lets you download over 500 recipes. Check them out at:
http://ShopperCompanies.com/freerecipes/

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting read Maus. thanks, free stuff

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home